I’ll be the first to admit that I am a pretty timid baker. I’m terrible at measuring things, I don’t like to measure, I don’t have the patience to wait for things to rise, I mix things poorly, I set timers and forget about them, etc… But boy oh boy, do I love to eat pie!!
And then, Peter Van Hyning opened up my eyes to the world of ready made pie crusts. I’ve been using this kind:
Much to my happiness, all I had to do was:
- preheat the oven (I set mine at 400 because it runs a little hot, but I think the instructions call for 450)
- unroll one of these bad boys onto a pie tin
- load it up with some fruit (I used RHUBARB for this pie)
- sprinkle some sugar and flour on top
- unroll the second pie crust on top
- cut out a funny face:
- And then I baked it for 30-45 minutes.
- BOOM, you have a hot pie.
I ate the crap out of it!! And it was so good!
I made another pie yesterday with strawberries and bananas, and that also ruled. If I make enough of these pies, maybe one day I’ll stop being a pussy and make my own pie crust.